Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I have found an ultrasonic cleaner to be the single trigger double gun owner's best friend.

I have found double triggers to be a much, much better friend.

Best,
Ted

While that is true, Ted, and I agree, I have had the opportunity to help out friends who have bought used O/Us that were having trouble with the single triggers. The ultrasonic cleaner usually straightens out their problems. I would choose double triggers most of the time for myself, but I cannot choose that for my friends who aren't steeped in double triggers to the extent that I am.

Last example was a Beretta Silver Snipe that a friend bought for $100. Two cycles in the ultrasonic cleaner and that gun works like new, now. Out of all my single trigger guns the only one that has ever given me any trigger issues was my old, much used MX8. It was just worn out and a new trigger "group" straightened it out completely. Two LC Smiths with HOTs, a FAIR Verona, a Beretta 687 SPII Sporting, a Yildiz, and a SKB 200E .........none of which have ever hiccuped once. I have never needed to use my ultrasonic for my own single trigger guns, only those of my friends.