A long-time hunting partner and friend of mine was very active in Boy Scout shooting sports, so-much-so that I either sold (or donated, can't clearly remember that era well) my old 366 Pacific Press for him to make reloads for the smaller kiddies to shoot. These were very soft loads using 7/8-ounce of 9s and he estimated them at about 7k psi (he's a geophysicist so his number are generally quite real). Somewhere along the way the Scouts banned the use of reloads and, because he had some leftovers, I ended up with them recently. They're 2 3/4-inch and made with once-fired AA hulls & International Clays powder (can't remember offhand the rest of it) anyway, before it got too-hot here today, I took them and my Lang hammergun out to Silver Creek to see how they might work. Long story short, they work just fine in this short-chambered & 154-year-old gun, with even less felt recoil than RST's proper English 2 1/2 inch 1-ounce stuff. This is very good news indeed, as I now have enough shells to regularly hunt this gun, this Fall.

I'd also found a partial box of Winchester AA Featherlite shells in my gunroom to try out too (also 2 3/4-inch), and....wow! Are they ever soft shooters. Incredibly mild stuff(!) and while I don't know the speed or pressures they generate, they can't be much of either.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's a darn shame you can't get these anymore, can you? They have the little feathers printed on the side of the hull.