Just looked at a couple of pictures. About four or five years ago, our son got about a ninety yard, lucky, shot on a gopher with a switch barrel 22 single shot that's a good hundred and forty years old now. As current keeper of that particular rifle, it was the first "game" that fell to that barrel, the other barrel has taken two or three averageish big game critters.

Fast forward to last summer, and I have a picture of the grand sons holding up slayed soup cans. Necessarily "hunted" with pistols of twelve rounds or greater magazines. The country is going tochit, but our daughter and son in law are bringing up the grandsons to be outstanding citizens of the US of A, and they have monster ear to ear grins in the picture. They certainly are not criminals, and when push comes to shove, I'll hand over all the fun shooter toys they handle, face to face, before this great nation is transformed forever. Never fear, some of them will be boring single shots, and maybe some doubles, just for shooting in the air, but they've been taught better than to do something so dangerous and irresponsible.

Best of luck on your searches, neither has ever "spoken" to me, but I'd slow down and take a good long gander at either. I never cared for how the Soper action works, but I like a quality break action singleshot, particularly if you can track one down with original, or appropriate, scope rings. Don't give up the search.