I've heard of Schaftol, but didn't know much about it and never used it. So I did some searching that suggests it is most likely a mostly boiled linseed oil based product that I'd assume contains dryers. I didn't find any list of ingredients, but the cautions about keeping a linen cloth soaked with it sealed in a glass jar to prevent spontaneous combustion strongly suggests a high linseed oil content. It is intended to freshen up old open pore oil based finishes, but apparently can also be used to finish or refinish bare wood.

It is made in five different tints, but it doesn't seem easy or inexpensive to get all of the various tints in the United States. So considering all that, if I felt I really had to have it, but couldn't get the tint I wanted, I think I'd simply try toning some of the light product to the color I desire with an aniline wood dye. It would be best to first dissolve the dye in a small amount of denatured alcohol, and remember that a little goes a long way. Or if I wanted a red tone, I might try tinting it with alkanet root powder, as has been described in many old gunstock finishing Threads here. In any event, a wood dye is better than a pigment stain because the pigment is more likely to obscure grain and figure.