I had my right shoulder rebuilt over ten years ago. It was so bad I could not throw a ball 15 feet. Within a year I was back to throwing a ball in the low 80's. Played in an old mans baseball league the second year. Wish I had done it ten years sooner. The PT was not fun and follow the PT closely. Doing 100 instead of 30 is not smart. You are building strength and range of motion, not things which can be rushed by doubling up PT. My other shoulder now needs a little work, but that is just bone spurs needing trimmed and should be easier. In and out in a few hours and a few weeks PT for full recovery.

My flinches started out from recoil. Thinking I was going to Africa, I shot a few thousand .375 and .458 rounds, mostly .458. I cringe just thinking about them now. But I did it and ended up with a great flinch which transferred over to my shotgun shooting. It took years to get rid of it. Went to shooting left handed, using my middle finger for my trigger finger and went to shooting only .410. Tens of thousands of .410 later I switched back to right handed and using my normal trigger finger. I would have a rare flinch even then, but they were always a visual, sight picture issue. It did not look right and I flinched trying to get the right sight picture. Today I doubt I have more than a finch or two a year and am very happy to be past them.