LeLFusil. At first I had decided that I would not reply to your rather derogatory reply to my post but on second thoughts I will spend the time. Firstly I will bring to your attention that we live in different countries though this may have slipped your attention if you did mot bother to read the first three words of my post so I will repeat it LOUDER!! HERE IN BRIT LAND!! So that does not mean AMERICA!! The land where you can ream hone polish a shotgun barrel walls to the thickness of a cigarette paper because you can do it if you wish the consequences would be only c civil law case if you where stupid enough to sell it without saying what you have done . Now here in Brit land that is not the case in fact far from it, here we have gun proof laws to save us Brits from people who think it would be a good idea to clean the pitting or other flaws out of a barrel and not give a [censored - come on man!] about the consequences. So lets take an example of the most common shotgun bore size here in Brit land twelve. The accepted initial bore size for this gauge is 0.729 inch I will keep to Imperia measurements if that size should ever exceed 0.740 the gun is now out of proof all the smart answers and words in the world can not change that fact. Now this is where the Gun proof Law comes in in to force and backed by British Tort. A PERSON IS NOT ALLOWED TO LEND HIRE TRADE OR SELL SUCH GUN ( it is possible to sell it to a licenced gun dealer at a pittance though more than likely he will take it off your hands for mothing), until said gun has been re proofed by the relevant proof house or the gun made inactive permanently. That is why Brit Auction houses provide all the relevant measurements of a guns barrel because they know full well that there is a prosecution waiting for them if they sell an out of proof usable gun, out of proof guns are sold with the barrels cut down to a length to allow for sleeving. So lets get back to the 12 bore from bright shiny new you only have ONLY 1/10 of an inch that can be lost before that dreaded 0.729 inch and the gun becomes worthless unless you want to risk a re proof, now back in the early nineteenth century gun proof houses used plug gauges to determine gauge sizes so a gun could be entered for proof with a bore diameter of 0.735 and proofed at 12 this was very common with Damascus barrels because of Blacks that may still be in a new barrel wall so it was polished to remove as many as possible without the bore arriving a 0.740. In other words you may not have had that 1/10 inch to start with.
I do not have short sighted opinions but your remarks only enforces that you have no idea of how and why British guns are proved plus the consequences of ignoring the law attributed to it. If you want to come out with comments like that again try to make them at least knowledgeable and remember the world does not rotate around the Whitehouse other countries have meaningful proof laws but the Brits where the first to enshrine them in law.