My bucket list is fairly short but my wish list is not. I have a long list of I wish things. Like I wish I had figured out how to make a place for wild quail on my farms. I so enjoyed hunting them in my youth, but at the time never fully appreciated how wonderful hearing a covey sounded when flushed, or when first one and then another would start calling for their mates. Farms which held a dozen coveys, now struggle to support two coveys.

As to my bucket list they all seem to involve my kids and grand kids. I would like to shoot a couple canvasbacks with my middle son, he is the duck hunter, over a set of decoys he has carved for me. Then when I pass I will give him the decoys back so he can remember that hunt for 50 years. I would like to sit in the blind, with all my grandsons and granddaughters. Do not care if we shoot a thing, just sit and think about how happy my own grandfathers were to sit with me 60 years ago in a blind. A triple on doves with my 42. Kill another duck for my Lab. She so loves to retrieve. Just watching her makes me happy. Live and be healthy enough to take a limit of Dove at 90, like my father did with his grand kids. 15 dove, with 23 shells with a 16 gauge Fox I lent him. Darn good shooting at any age. Last time he ever hunted and I got to watch him do it. Heck I will be happy to do it at 70 or 80 if I get to go with my sons and grand kids. Like I said most of my bucket list involves the kids.