Great lesson in life. Never give up, keep trying and do it with those you love, then when good things happen share their joy in what you have overcome.

I watched my late father get a limit of dove, using a 16 gauge Fox I lent him, with under a box of shells. Also in the field were two of my sons and myself. That was the last time I ever got Dad to go hunting with us. In fact I bet it was the first time he had hunted in four decades. His eyes were very bad, reflexes almost gone, he just sat there and watched birds for over half an hour. I thought he had decided to not shoot at all, and was just going to watch his grandsons for the most part. He got up and cut three weeds, to mark distance and flight paths of the birds. Then he loaded his gun and started a steady pop, pop, pop. And nearly every shot brought down a bird. He shot his entire limit, then got up and picked up every bird without any problems. He might have been very sight limited, but he could still mark a bird. Then he went over and sat next to my middle son and coached him up a bit. Until the day I depart this world, I will remember that day.