Stan, I have fit several dozen barrels and understand exactly what you are saying. That is why I was amazed that they dropped in, just like they were from the factory. It was such a good fit I pulled them off expecting to see the same serial number which was separated in the past, or that I had put the same barrel on twice and mixed them up thinking the second set was the first set tried on twice. The odds are truly one in several thousand at minimum. They always seem to need a little tweaking if they go on, always. Sometimes you just can not get them to fit no matter what you do. You might as well start over with a set in the white.

Just for the fun of it I picked out five other orphan barrels that I have potential guns to mate up with them. Only one is close to closing properly and could be fitted up with a bit or work. Maybe a real good fit in an hour, with luck, or maybe one which drives you crazy as close but not quite right. Some come together faster than others. The smoke tells the story if you use it and read it correctly. The other four guns had zero chances of fitting the barrels without major and extensive work. In fact I doubt two would ever work without such a poor job that I would be forced to change my name to Bubba, or claim it was like that when I bought it and I just have not gotten around to "fixin" it.