Glad you were able to reach Pfrommer. Would you please do a follow up after the issue is sorted out and let us know what he found? It is most interesting to me in regards to it being a hammer gun, and having light hits. I have experienced a similar problem in the past with CompOne shells and determined the rim on them causes them to sit deeper in the rim cut of my doubles. I have a very high incidence of misfires with them in these guns ........ Perazzi MX8, Browning B-SS, AH Fox BE, LC Smith 3E, AH Fox HE ........heck, basically every one of my 12 gauge hammerless doubles I tried them in. Then, I had the idea to try them in hammerguns, thinking that they might have a bit more firing pin protrusion. Evidently they did because the shells work perfectly in my San Georgio hammergun made by Bernardelli in 1973, in my Remington 1889, and in my Iver Johnson Special Trap (external hammer). So, you can see why I find it interesting that the Bernardelli of yours is experiencing a problem like this, and am keenly curious as to what the issue is.

OBTW, I had determined it by careful measurements, but further proof came my way that the CompOnes were sitting deeper in the chambers of my guns when I was given a tip on here, by private messaging, to buy a package of the tiny rubber bands that women use for their hair and slip one over the head of a shell, under the rim, and try it. Worked perfectly, 100%. These rubber bands are very tiny when stretched over a 12 ga. shell head, but cause the shell to sit a few thousandths higher in the chamber and ignition is 100% with them. Doubt I'll be buying any more of the CompOnes because I can reload to the same pressures without the head spacing issues, but the little rubber bands will let me use them up in other guns besides the hammerguns.