Blessings on you and son, Lloyd. Strike while the iron is hot. The days come, for all of us, when because of age related things and various reasons we are more reticent to embark on long, or adverse, hunts. Memories of previous hunts can be with us through those times, however.

I'm considering a 4 day hunt in old Mexico with a friend, for ducks, doves and quail, in January. I will most likely say no to it, tho'. Not because I don't feel able or wouldn't enjoy it, but because of the worry it would cause my wife. Over our lifetime together I have been her rock, not in a bragging way, but because she has depended on me for so much over our lifetime together that she worries more now about what it would be like for her to be left without me. Drug cartels are a real thing in the region we would be going to, and she knows that. After nearly losing me a little over two years ago I just don't want to put her through that worry again, even for a few days. Argentina would be much different, and I'd like to go there again, but Mexico gives us pause.