We put both our boys through 13 years of private school, before higher education. Not Catholic school, but a private school run by a board of elected directors. We did it by hard work and frugality, not with inherited "old money". That school has always been open to any race, creed or color. But, it is Christian based, and it ain't cheap. We sacrificed an awful lot, monetarily, to do that. The first year our oldest son was in college it cost us more to keep the younger son in private school than it did to keep the oldest in college. But, we were secure in knowing that our boys were being taught by people who had their best interest at heart, not some political agenda, at least through high school. Most of the teachers gave up higher paying teaching jobs in the public schools to teach there, because they believed in it. Prayer has always been in the classroom there. Lest I be misunderstood, let me be perfectly clear on one thing ......... I don't regret it and would do it all over again. Some things are more important than money. It's just a shame it ever came to this.

Some 10 years ago, or so, news pundits of all persuasions were decrying the fact that our nation had gotten too polarized, as if it were a terrible thing. The assumption was that both sides were somehow to blame for this. I sorted through it very quickly and determined that polarization of our nation is a normal occurrence when one side becomes more and more radical in their platform beliefs. The conservative right always believed in freedom of religion, they (we) didn't change. They (we) always believed in the right of life for the unborn child, we didn't change. We always believed in limiting the power of the federal government, and in state's rights, we didn't change. We always believed that the Second Amendment wasn't negotiable, that it meant what it said and was/is the basis for freedom as opposed to tyranny, we didn't change. Polarization, at this point, is the only hope for our nation's survival, IMO. If the conservative, constitutionalist right compromises and moves left, so that we aren't "so polarized", all hope is lost. We must stand our ground and never, ever give an inch. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Holy Bible are our standards, and they can never be allowed to be compromised.