If you use any kind of inserts, trybefore buying. I have a set of Brily's (the fits all version). an older set of another brand, and chamber adapters of several brands. Only the old ones work in 2-1/2" chambers and they were custom ordered for the gun.

I think you should really consider honing/reaming the barrels. I am refurbishing an old R-11 16 ga right now. The bores were horrible looking. I lengthened the chambers so I could us inserts if I wanted. I used a long forcing cone reamer to helps remove some of the worst pitting. I then used an expanding reamer to remove about 0.015 from the bores (diameter). After honing and polishing the wall thicknesses were still thicker than the bulk of the doubles I shoot.

This is a common case of worrying about originality, when in actuality the serious pitting will detract more from value than a barrel opened up, clean and still with good wall thickness.

Do a lot of measurement before hand. It is hard to hone heavy pits out smoothy and reaming to size then honing is usually better. I have found that I was always surprised, however, how little removal can be needed to remove some horrible looking pits.