I'm a doublegun man ...........99+% of the time I'm wingshooting and for clays. However, were I to ever have the opportunity to hunt birds in grizzly country I just may revert to my Winchester SXP that rides beside me in the truck everyday. It has replaced a doublegun for that purpose. Birdshot certainly is not the most favored load for bears but having several loads waiting, already in my hand when a bear steps out, would be comforting me. The young boy in the article proved it can be effective at hand shaking distance. Were I not bird hunting in AK I would prefer it stoked with slugs.

Recommended to me by a veteran of the American special forces and a retired military "contractor", for self defense, I have found it to be quite a capable platform. And, it shoots dead on where I'm looking. I was really taken aback when he pulled this off the rack and handed it to me. I was expecting a longtime veteran of the Middle East wars and instructor in close quarter combat to go with something I "assumed" to be more reliable, like a Benelli or Beretta, etc. Nope, his recommendation was that at the price of these, and given their simple quality and reliability, buy two or three and keep them in strategic locations.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/sxp/current/sxp-dark-earth-defender.html