Originally Posted by old colonel
Shooting vintage guns can be like sailing, standing in a cold shower shredding 20’s and 50’s, claiming enjoyment. However the enjoyment does exist in doses that for me overcome the negatives.

For example, after buying a project Boss which took nine months to complete import, then onto restocking last May, back in October just in time for pheasant in South Dakota, the six of seven engaged make it all worth while.

Yes 2 1/2 12 is a pain, especially if you are almost pure 16 as I am, but the pleasure of loading roll crimped 1 1/8 #7 nickel silver plated hard shot, then seeing do beautifully again worthwhile.

I may soon be selling some guns, but only to make room in the budget for another, and to accept the guns I do not use need to be used by someone.

Well, the big thing I was into before vintage SxS was sailing keel boats. So your analogy rings absolutely true. LOL

I've spent my fair share of time waiting on gunsmiths. I learned early to stockpile the shells I like to use when I could, because you can never find them when you need them. And I accept the inconvenience of the whole endeavor. If I wanted easy, I'd shoot a modern 20 gauge auto. Easy isn't why I do this. I wave guys off this route if they want easy. I like it the way it is, headaches and all.