Mark;
I received your email and your photos of a nearly new with 90% case color hardened back action hammergun, which contrary to my above comment was made entirely in Arthur Howell's shop. Also I am sending to you two photos of Arthur Howell's gun catalogue of that era which illustrates your Sanders gun on page 16 and the gun trade price for it a £3-18-0. Your gun must have spent it live in the closet of a farmer somewhere.

Additionally I am also sending to you a photo of the front of the building on Weaman Street, Birmingham, England of" A. Howell &Co, Gun & Rifle Makers" shop where your gun was made; and a later version of Arthur Howell's gun catalog illustrating your shotgun for post WWII a price of £8-15-0.

Arthur Howell died in 1957 and his gunshop records were burned some years later in the back garden of his home in Solihull. I visited Arthur Howell's daughter Margaret Howell Hay and her son in 2002 at her home in Solihull and she told me about the disposal of the shop records. She told me about traveling with her father to Belgium prior to WWII to purchase barrels for his guns as well as walnut for the gunstocks--which she probably witnessed the purchase of both of these for for your gun.