Where I lived, Bethel, the city dump had numerous ravens and a lesser number of crows, but the dominate bird at the dump was the seagull! Some friends and I started calling them dump chickens! And, I hated the plastic grocery bags! After a big wind, which happened often enough, the darn bags were strewn across the tundra for seemingly miles!

Ravens are very opportunistic and a very smart bird. Where I originally grew up in N ID, our property borders a small rural golf course, I'd be walking the property (mostly timbered) and find golf balls a long way from the course and think...no way someone could drive a ball this far! I asked my dad what he thought about that, and he indicated that he thought they were ravens that would pick the balls up off the course, thinking they may be a food source and when they realized they weren't, they'd drop the ball. I guess as good an explanation as any!

Sounds like a good trip Raimey, glad you had an opportunity to experience the area on a what sounds like a cool trip! Cool rifle Brent and a good-looking bull,,,,congrats!