It is a learning experience for me each dove opener to use a .410. Strange, how it occurred, this most recent time. I killed the first dove that came in, and the second, then missed one or two and was 3 for 5. Heard of the "wheels falling off"? Well brother, the wheels, axles, and whole undercarriage collapsed at that point. I must have missed nearly 10 straight. Too frustrated to analyze the problem, I made an adjustment without realizing it. Next dove was a 90 degree right to left crosser that I killed dishrag dead. I paced it off at 37 yards to the bird. I suddenly realized that I had not seen nearly the lead on that bird that I had on the previous, closer, misses. Aha! I immediately got back in the groove and the hits just kept coming. There's no way to get rid of those zeros, so the day's average was nothing to brag on, but I was happy to have corrected the problem.

Those light little guns just jump out there too far in front so easily. I will move from a 5 lb. double on opening day to a 9 1/2 lb. duck gun at the end of the seasons. That's a lot of adjustment to make. But, I always seem to shoot the heavy guns better. I'm just hopelessly attracted to those petite little ladies. I'm NOT addicted ......... I could quit anytime I wanted to.