I would not normally be a consumer of Jane Austin novel-based entertainment for a number of reasons (the biggest being age, sex, and general inclinations), but during a small act of desperation last night to find something I could stand to consume in the time left before bed, I found a show on my now-older smart TV (yet another concession made some years ago) that seemed at-least tolerable. In truth, it was surprisingly entertaining (historic settings, lush scenery, superbly acted and yes....I'll admit it, quite a moving tale). This was the 2007 version with Sally Hawkins and Rupert Penry-Jones on BritBox (there would appear to be many versions of this story available anymore). What helped me (substantially!) to be drawn-into this show, were the many scenes where most (if not all) of the male characters were seen carrying and using fine British double shotguns of the period, and at the finale (where true love finally overcomes) a then-mostly ignored character is discussing his 16-bore Mortimer. This is a story of essentially two(2) 30-year old virgins finding each other again many years (quite nearly too-many!) after a failed engagement (largely wrecked by her haughty fool of a father). It is fun to cheer for the underdogs after all.