I humbly submit that Dig is a hell of an optimist.

England, much like France, is a country with a very old native population. Both countries have allowed rampant immigration from other countries that have no English or French heritage, have no interest in learning to speak the language of their new home, and no interest in laboring fifty years to support lavish social programs dreamed up by the oldsters who thought they were going to get them. They don’t have a heritage of hunting or shooting, save each other, and in the French example, won’t shoot or eat the wild pigs that are destroying the countryside. When I was traveling to France, buying guns to sell here was a pipe dream. A beat up Charlin that was worth $500, here, was still a $3000 gun in France. That, has changed, dramatically, both in England and France. I saw some shopper type ads from England for what appeared to be grandpas serviceable English made box lock for 100-200 dollars worth of British currency.

They weren’t selling. Same in France.

We, are the end of the line. Average age on this board has got to be 50+. When we are done buying, I suspect that will be the end of that.

Best,
Ted