Benellis do suck. I’ve owned 2. A M1 Super 90 and a SBE. Both bought at the same time, in the early 2000’s, brand new. I read the hype, and bought into them hook line and sinker. Benelli click is real, and it’s one of the most irritating & aggravating shotgun problems I’ve ever encountered. Those two guns messed up more hunts than I’d care to admit to. They are the Chauchat of shotguns. Over hyped & over priced junk. After a year of continuous disappointment, I sold them back to the same shop I bought them from (Scheels-Omaha) and bought a Winchester super X2. Have never looked back. That X2 has been serious waterfowling for its entire life…from the Platte River, Rainwater basins, cut corn fields, Mississippi River, Kenai peninsula, Utah salt marshes, Idaho mud & silt, etc.
it has never failed. I bet a Benelli has dreams about being as reliable as that clapped out X2. Funny thing was, Scheels sold those two junk Benelli’s pretty much the same day I sold them back to them. I’ve always felt sorry for the poor saps that bought them.
I’ve got a Beretta 390 that I’d say is about as good as the X2. Basically I’d take pretty much anything over a Benelli.

A-5’s are rock solid. Always have been. Especially when the operator knows how to clean it and set it up. I’ve never owned a dud A-5. Ever. Over lube it, problems. Oil the mag tube, problems. Over tighten the forend cap, problems. Don’t do these things…..it’s as reliable as a ma’ deuce.