Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Dustin, do you have any experience with the NECG quick change pad mount? Specifically, does the channel mount have to be inlet into the butt? I'd like to see some pics of guns with a pad mounted on this "kit".

Yes. A friends Citori has that system installed. Dennis Earl Smith fitted it up. It’s a pretty neat system, really positive locking for all the pads fitted. The locking system is two pegs/studs that the pads bases slide into….very positive, no movement at all and very easy to change pads. My friend requires an extremely long length of pull and has pads fitted for both summer and winter shooting.

And to the guys recommending silvers pads….while I’m all about traditional etc, bottom line is silvers pads suck. They’re hard and do absolutely nothing for recoil management (if that’s what you have a pad for, some people just install a pad for a longer lop….in that case, it doesn’t really matter).
And which silvers pad is more traditional? Orange? Brick red? Nub or no nub? How polished should it be? All Silvers pad installations aren’t the same….I’ve seen some really poorly shaped, polished silvers that did not look right. And a silvers pad will cost more to install over other types of pads. All of this should be considered.
Some of the finest guns out there are fitted with pachmayr old English and NECG pads. Nothing “un-proper” about it.