And very much in the way the bagpipers use that traditional tune. Headed back tomorrow for the funeral of my good hunting & fishing buddy, who also happened to be a retired Pennsylvania Police Officer (& my brother-in-law). Taken too-early (54-years old) on his motorcycle last week (on Father's Day). I was just educated (by a very insightful person) that any death before it is expected is a life-burden for the survivors, and I've been feeling that weight all week. He leaves behind a devastated wife and 3 daughters and I know... sadly, how that life-burden for them will be a painful constant going forward. This will be a tough one.

He and I were supposed to fish Wyoming two-weeks before his passing (I couldn't go because of a conflict) so we'd been exchanging lots of photography of late. A larger-than-life individual (at 400-plus pounds!) Marty touched lots of lives over the years (he was even part of Colin Powell's security detail many years ago in Germany). A combined millitary and State Police funeral awaits him and his gathered family on Wednesday.

Godspeed Marty!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]