Are you just wanting to remove the locks for inspection or to dry them off if they get some moisture in them? If that’s the case, like others have stated, that’s a fairly simple and straightforward thing to do if your very careful. There’s alot of nice sidelocks out there sporting evidence of poor assembly after the locks have been removed. Those dings, splinters, etc just aft of the lock plates is evidence enough that most folks should avoid taking them off just to have a peek.

Servicing or lubing the locks correctly will require a bit more than merely removing them. To correctly clean, lube, etc, the locks should be completely disassembled. In order to tear the locks down you’ll need the correct tools and there are plenty of things to bugger up. If you think about it, what’s the point of having perfectly clean and well lubed locks if the rest of the action is a filthy mess? Better to send it off to a competent gunsmith and have it stripped & cleaned every few years….more often if your hunting in harsh conditions. I don’t get caught in a lot of rainstorms when I’m out hunting, but every season I find myself hunting in more than a few days of sporadic drizzle, snow (mild to heavy) etc. and don’t forget what a rapid temperature change does to steel…..going from cold to warm will create condensation. Yep…..even on the inside your beloved gun.
If you spend the coin or plan on spending the coin for a gun of the highest quality, the maintenance plan should absolutely be figured into the expense.