Reloading is the only way I can feed all my guns. 10-.410, five different ammo sizes with about the same number of different combinations makes for a lot of inventory of powder, wads, primers and shot. On the plus side I had fully stocked up on everything in 2020 so I am set for several more years. I still buy things at even todays crazy prices to try and keep my options open.

I always get asked do I save money? The short answer is yes but not as much as I want. The shells I load for $6.00/ box would cost $12.00/ box or more if I could find them, which I can not. The problem is with increasing component prices replacement cost when I restock will drive the cost per box to $8-9.00. Around here promo shells are running $11.00 and name brand shells $13.00 plus taxes. I save the most on smallbore shells and have no local source for 2 1/2” loads in 12 & 20 at all. Once you get a loader setup for them they are easy to crank out. With about 75,000 empties it will be a long time before I need to worry about what shells to load, only what to put into them and increasingly where to find the stuff.