LGF, that's quite light for a 4" double. My 3 1/4" double weighs 13 pounds as far as I recall.

Owen, you did well to track down a copy of the book as they are now quite scarce and sought after. You might try www.claygame.co.uk for information as they will send out a sheet of information on various calibres. I have no problem with Industrial cases as a local lime works uses them by the thousands. I have some Brass loading information. I will include one that covers components that you can source: WAA 209 Primer 50 grains Blue Dot, card & fibre wadding, and 3 ounce of shot. That is for Nitro Proof guns at 3 1/4 tons per square inch proof. If you can get Cheddite primers and/or Vectan AO powder and also Gualandi 8 bore Industrial wads there are other possibilities. I always find that good old coarse grain black powder and card & felt wads gives the best patterns in these big bores anyway. The plastic wads can be obtained from Claygame in the U.K. without too much problem but sometimes can be a tight fit and not always compatible with the thicker brass cases. Lagopus.....