Originally Posted by doublenut
One more question on this gun. Is there a way to determine the model by the engraving, serial #, or other means. I can’t seem to find any info on the model. I don’t have the Spanish Best book but will purchase it if it helps me with that info. Thanks - doublenut
Generally speaking you can tell the model by the engraving, but not always. Arrieta had standard engraving patterns for each of their models, but being a custom maker, they'd build whatever the customer ordered. I've seen 500 series (5-pin) guns engraved in the 931-style (7-pin) of engraving. In fact, I believe one is shown on the dust jacket cover of Spanish Best and shown with several pics in the book. The author Terry Wieland was careful in how he described this particular gun, saying it was engraved in the 931-style, not that it is an Arrieta 931. Spanish Best does not show all the standard models and their engraving patterns at the time the book was written, brochures of the day when your gun was built will be your best bet in determining the model.

There was a time you could e-mail your gun's serial number to Arrieta and they would tell you the model. Since Arrieta went out of business in ~2014, I don't know if there's someone or somewhere else where you can obtain info on your gun. Why not post a few pics here or on shotgunworld.com's Spanish Shotguns forum of your Arrieta's engraving to see if anyone can help.