Gary, Interesting gun. I currently don't have an English side lock in shop, save a couple of hammer guns to "measure", but I would think there would be a norm for the length of the rear screw, or pin on a lot of guns, which is primarily determined by the depth of the grip. I am talking about the length of the screw as measured under the guard, leaving wood for the guard inlet. That would determine the depth of the grip in total

We probably have to make some assumptions on this, like that the safely lever's length is correct, so I would fit the trigger plate to bring the safety into full engagement when it's on safe. Generally the safe blocks the triggers, and the triggers should not move the sears when the safe is engaged. With the action and lock plates in place, and hammers cocked, without the stock should show the triggers have at least a slight clearance from the sears, with the safe engaged I would suggest check all these dimensions with the stock off. If there is too much clearance with the triggers to the safe, you may have to make some adjustments, but when the safe is moved to Fire, the triggers are spring loaded to bear on the sear tails. I think the safe should engage the triggers with with a small clearance from the sears.
I'll check the grip depth on a gun in the shop and let you know.

And finally make sure there is sufficient trigger pull length to fire each side.