This was a very strange auction. And it is hard to believe that any two bidders are dumb enough to bid that much for a .30-30 Marlin that is by no means rare. The made in Belarus scope is certainly no Lieca either. The seller has 11 more guns on Gunbroker currently. It will be interesting to see if the same unusual activity happens again.

That said, the market for a lot of guns is quite strong. I'm seeing selling prices for common lever guns that I never imagined. Ohio was a shotgun or muzzleloader only deer hunting state. But they recently legalized straight wall cartridge guns, so demand for lever action guns in calibers like .45-70, .444 Marlin, .44 Magnum, etc. skyrocketed.

I just saw a Russian SKS sell for $900.00, and it was in the same condition as one I bought at a local flea market for $120.00 several years ago. Even those much maligned vintage 12 gauge field grade doubles are selling for a good deal more than they were 10 years ago. I keep waiting for sanity to return to the gun market, but prices keep rising.

I suppose that demand for guns and other consumer goods could soon change though, as everybody is becoming poorer each passing day due to Biden inflation, and stock markets dragging down their investments and 401-K's. Printing trillions of dollars and vastly expanding the money supply will do that. Today, Vladimir Putin was threatening that he could drive up the price of oil to $300.00 a barrel. Ted's prediction of $200.00 per barrel oil doesn't sound at all far-fetched now. Trump was smart enough to order topping off the Strategic Oil Reserve in March 2020 when prices fell. Now it is being drained to prop up Altzeheimer Joe's sagging poll numbers. Who could've saw that coming?