Originally Posted by SKB
JR: That would depend upon your desires for the rifle. The .375 flanged magnum is a very capable rifle for plains game at a distance and many older hunters just cannot utilize the cartridge to its full potential with iron sights. I love iron sights and shoot them much more than most hunters but I struggle with them way more than I did 10 years ago. I'm afraid at some point I will have to be shooting mostly scoped rifles. This particular gun has been re-chambered moving more into shooter category than collector. I see no reason not to add optics to it if that is what the owner would like. It certainly will not hurt the value of the gun and may very well bring added enjoyment to the current owner. It may not be a wise endeavor financially but that is not my call.

All valid points, Steve. But you can bet you will have to take your cheek off the comb to see through a scope, which is not conducive to accurate or comfortable shooting. A modern scope on this old double rifle is going to look like whitewalls on a Rolls Royce. Jmo, but a double rifle with a scope on it is an oddity.
JR