For those of you who have any interest or care of such things as French Sliding doubles, here is a Charlin for you to look at. This particular gun from what I can tell has not been used much. It still shows lots of case color and the wood shows very little use. It appears to be a Model A with one hare stamped on each barrel. At some point somebody took a saw to the stock but the gun fits me well with the recoil pad and extension. Most guns are not perfect. I have added a German leather sling that came from Germany on a new Merkel Over and Under back in the 60's. I don't know that a German sling fits a French gun but when I look at my ancestry, I am half German and about an 1/8th French so I guess it works for me. I have experience with R Series Darnes and know how there actions feel and I must say that after working this Charlin, the action does seem smoother to me but that is just my observation and I may be imagining things. I would not say that the design is better than a Darne considering I can not remove the sliding breech from the stock on a Charlin like I can on a Darne. I'm guessing this is a late 20's or earlier gun considering the short chambers but if anyone can add anything to it's approximate age and I am all ears. I am very satisfied with the overall gun. Enjoy the pictures.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]