Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Sometimes, they come back...

I sold this gun to a guy I consider a friend, although I have never met him in person. He used it a few years, along with several others, a V21 and an R15. He has moved across country, and for many reasons doesn’t need the spread of guns he had before. He kindly contacted me first, and offered me first right of refusal.

I didn’t refuse.

This gun was built around the time the Titanic sank. It is a short chamber 12, choked about IC and IM. The barrel walls measure .056 thick at a point 9” from the breech, they are monsters, the guys at the factory loved thick barrels. 27 3/4” in length. Being newly right handed, I was very happy to get it back. I’d guess it has about 3/8ths of an inch of cast, and it comes up as well as anything else I am playing with at the moment, in my fidgety gun mount that needs work. It is so cold at the moment, practicing my mount is about all I can do. Still thinking about a pad, but, that would ruin any cold weather use of the gun, as it would be too long with my wool coat on. Cold weather screams 12 gauge.

Money shot, for Argo:

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Best,
Ted

Salut Ted,

L'Halifax est apparu pour la première fois en 1914. Il y avait deux modèles : un n°5 et un n°6.
Ces deux armes étaient montées avec des bois en une seule partie (type 93). Plus tard, les crosses seront montées en deux parties sans séparative, comme le fusil sur la photo.

La sureté à poussoir sur ton fusil est un brevet Darne de 1921.
L'arme est passée au banc d'épreuve avant 1924.
Je daterais sa fabrication entre 1918 et 1923.