Originally Posted by Clapper Zapper
Other posters commented on how they cover up such problems with superglue and then hide the repair.
If I were to purchase a gun that it was cracked in the manner that this one is, and the cracks were hidden with superglue, and it subsequently broke I would not be happy.

Honest repairs are, well, HONEST

Super glue doesn't hide the repair. It is a MEANS of repair. Sanding in finish hides it. Hiding a repair does not, in spite of what you may think, imply unethetical intent. You're the only one who found reason for unethical intent in the use of it.

Would you kindly explain how repairing a crack and leaving it visible on the outside is more ethical?

And one more thing ................ by your term "other posters", then misrepresenting my description with your use of the term "cover up", you have implied in a back-handed manner that I would intentionally hide a repair from a potential buyer. That is reprehensible, inaccurate and highly insulting. You owe an apology, but given your propensity for argument in the past I doubt you will admit it.