I have 2 Darnes: a 10 (which is a pretty rare gauge in a Darne, at least in the US) and a 12. The 10 is finished to the level equivalent of an R-10, although it probably dates to the late 1890s or very early 1900s and I'm not sure the R/P/V nomenclature was in place when this one was manufactured. The 12 is a P-19, but clearly pre-war, as it came home in a GI's barracks bag at the end of the war, according to the seller.

I like the way they handle, although I do find the safeties less ergonomic than the tang safeties on most of my sxs and o/u shotguns.

Darnes tend to be at the lighter end of the scale for gauge - my 10 weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces, which makes handloading for it mandatory. It has 2-7/8 inch chambers and I use a lot of 16 gauge card wads filling the shot cup to get the shot column level (generally 1-1/16 ounces of shot) up to a point where I get a decent crimp. I was shooting RST shells when they were available, but they are not currently available, so it's handloads or nothing. On the other hand, the 12, which has 2-1/2 inch chambers, weighs almost 6-3/4 pounds, more like a standard British game gun proofed for 1-1/8 ounce shells.

They both kill clay birds dead and do the same on pheasants (when I do my part). I like them.