I traded my 26” barrel Citori Lightning for a Ruger Red Lable Sporting Clays in 1994. Over the years till recently, that Ruger served me well as my main waterfowl gun. I usually hunt out of a custom duck boat I built myself. My boat has built-in gun racks and one day I set my gun in the rack uncased and upside down. The boat ride back to the ramp was pretty rough. I was bummed when I found my vent rib was dented between rib supports.

By this time the Red Label had been out of production for years but I sent it back to the factory with a letter stating it was totally my fault, and that I’d gladly pay if they could fix it. I included my phone number and email address but weeks went by without a word. I was just getting ready to call and make sure they received it when I received a package in the mail. Inside was my shotgun with a short note saying they went through my gun and brought it back up to spec.

Well, they didn’t just replace the rib, they gave me brand new barrels, they also replaced every single part except the stock, forend, receiver and forend metal. Everything else, all internal parts, lever, trigger, trigger guard, all was brand new. No charge!