Hi all,
Thanks for the comments good and bad. Here is a bit more info. Ed Good. The gun I can assure you was not made in Belgium, the action work was done by Gary Hibbert one of the finest actioners this country has produced. The barrels were made by Peter Higgins for those that do not know his name go on the Greener website and look at the Damascus barrel guns he made all of them. All the work on this gun has been done by guys at the top of their trade. My partner and good friend in this business Luke Bromley has put a lot of work into this gun he will be stocking it. Click on the link to take a look at the pictures of Luke's amazing work, Luke was the last apprentice to serve under David McKay Brown.

https://www.facebook.com/luke.bromley.9828/photos

Ed, you posted a link to the real Manton. Joseph Manton. for information only John and Joseph were brothers and were equally talented Joseph was actually Johns apprentice before striking out on his own, Joseph`s guns were of course works of art but he had a good promoter of his goods in Col Peter Hawker, there are many collectors out there who believe John was every bit as good as his brother. As for trotting out a famous name I do not see anything wrong with that Purdey, Boss and Hollands have kept their names going for years John and Joseph Manton were the godfathers of the British gun trade so why not bring them back? Our aim is to produce high end guns that will hold their own with the best out there, we have five other guns in production with lots of other things planned including a four bore single barrel damascus gun and a double rifle. The gun originally posted was numbered 18341 to mark the year Manton past 1834 and 1 for the first of many guns. Have a great day everyone we will post more things as we move along.