Ed, I remember going to fox drives when all sorts of agricultural folks would turn up and I've seen the odd puff of smoke come out of the side of the barrels. I guess a lot of these old guns have now gone to rest. It used to be common practice at the big estate houses that the boss would use the 'Purdey' until it was getting past its best and a new one would be bought. The old gun would then go to the Gamekeeper and well used until he received the later one passed down and then it would go to the Gardener for use against pests. Stored in the potting shed until the woodworm and rust saw it off. I think the worst example I ever saw; which I wish I had photographed, was a Boss hammer ejector. I had been re-stocked with a piece of timber normally seen holding fence wire in place. The barrels pitted inside and out and dented. The rust made it difficult to see any of the engraving and details. I almost wept! There was nothing that was remotely salvageable. A Boss hammer ejector that I doubt anyone on this forum would have given 10 dollars for and only then as a curiosity. Lagopus.....