Texasbdog,
Sadly, I'm not able to inform you who the actual maker of your gun was, based on the proof marks. I am able to inform you, however, that it was proofed in Germany( maybe Suhl, maybe Zella) sometimes between 1893( when the 1891 proof law was implemented) and about 1912( when 1911 improvements to the law were made). The crown U under an eagle is the mark for a "View" proof, performed after a definitive proof, using the provisional proof charge. A view proof is basically a detailed inspection, including verification of dimensions, after firing the proof loads. The crown G on the rifle barrel is the provisional proof for a barrel using a single projectile( bullet). The crown S on the other barrel is the provisional proof mark for barrels using shot. The crown W next to the eagle on the barrel flat means the shotgun barrel is choked, but the amount of constriction is not shown. The 16 in a circle means the gun had a standard 16 ga. chamber which is 65mm or 2 1/2- 2 9/16" instead of the current US standard of 2 3/4". The 16/1 is the bore diameter, ahead of the chamber, which works out to 16.99mm. The 118/35 is the rifle's bore( not groove or bullet) diameter, expressed in gauge measurement. This mark is often found on various old 9.3 and 9mm rifles and is consistent with your statement that it is a 9.3x72R. One of the changes made in 1912 would change this mark to show the bore diameter in mm and show the case length, also in mm. From experience, guns showing a 118/35 mark most often have about .358-.359" groove diameter, which would be helpful to you if you decide to handload ammo for it. I hope this helps.
Mike