At age 68, and upon my wife's request, I've begun liquidating what was a fairly large accumulation (not organized enough or focused in a fashion that would justify calling it a collection) of shotguns, rifles and handguns. None of my children have any interest and the grandchildren are too young and, given their parents' lack of interest, unlikely to have any interest. I'm hanging on to the ones I really like (mostly hammer shotguns and .22 rifles), a couple that were my father's and might end up with one of my brother's grandkids, my deer rifle and a spare, and some that I hope to use more regularly when I finally retire. I still have a long way to go to get down to the handful I'd want to keep to the end, but I'm about halfway there. I haven't really worked hard on selling handguns, but given my eyesight, any thoughts of heavy handgun use without some sort of red dot sight or a special lens for my glasses is pretty unlikely.

I have far more ammo for .22s, handguns and centerfire rifles than I ever realized until the pandemic. I'm going to have to work hard at shooting it all up over the next several years. But I'm sure going to try.