Originally Posted by eightbore
I don't understand why the poster "Kutter" mentions an expensive rechambering of the 20 gauge Model 12 when I stated that such an expensive alteration is not required to make the gun work. My short chambered 20 gauges work with 2 3/4" shells, and yours should too.

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
You are most astute Eightbore- I put 20 2&3/4 AA skeet loads through it-worked perfectly, as you advised. great tight patterns too. If I should have thought about having a gunsmith follow Kutter's mantra, I'd think again-the only good gunsmith in my neck of the woods was the late Brad Bachelder.. RWTF

The orig Post wondered about the actual conversion process,,I explained what is done for the conversion.

I didn't say it was necessary, I only explained what was done. Not a mantra, just simply what the process is. Nothing more, nothing less.
You mention twice that it's an expensive rechambering/alteration. That's your opinion w/o placing a dollar value on it.
I never mentioned any costs involved and won't price others work. It's not the issue here anyway. The question was how is it done.
You decide if you want it done or not and then if you want to pay the costs.
That's your decision, read the last line in my orig post.

I also stated that many of the early guns have been shot and continue to be shot with 2 3/4" shells in the orig short 20ga chamber.
I never got into the safety issue at all,, if it is or if it isn't. and I will not.
I could care less what others do with their guns.
Again,,It's your decision.

Simple facts on what is done to convert the M12 20ga short chamber to a 2 3/4" .
Take it or leave it.
No judgement on what anyone wants to do with their gun.