I don’t have the coin to have mine professionally redone. I soaked my barrels in a capped off 3” PVC pipe filled with vinegar for an hour and then sanded all the spotty surface rust off the barrels with 400 grit sand paper till they looked satin 416 stainless. Took about 3 mutes or to do so. I then put the barrels back in the vinegar bath overnight. I. Removed the barrel the next any. I immediately washed them off in water and sanded again starting with 320 grit and then 400 grit. I didn’t have browning solution but had Oxpho hand. I applied a good coat till my barrels were black. I then sanded very lightly with 400 grit sandpaper while running my barrels under running water. Once the finish looked even I coated the outside of my barrels with boiled Lindsey’s oil and polished the inside of my barrels and applied a good amount of oil. My gun will never be a perfect, all original “don’t touch, don’t use” safe queen and just want it function properly and to look good. I fixed it up to use for turkey hunting. The stock is getting refinished now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This picture below was the rusty barrel before I started....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]