In Alexandria, La, the temp was about 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of the state is covered with ice and I don't dare go driving around. Ya'll should see a bunch of deep south southerners pretending they can drive on icy roads. Interstate 10 is iced over and morons keep going around entrance ramp barricades to get on 10. Lots of I 10 is elevated to go over places like the Atchafalaya Basin which is now a good place to have hockey games. My yard has glazed snow, slicker than owl feces and my poor old DK can't run without slipping and sliding. At least for once I can see her in the yard as otherwise she's so camouflaged she is almost invisible.

If you go way up north to the frozen lands of Shreveport and Monroe, it's worse. Tomorrow the prediction is 100% chance of freezing rain which will compound our problems. Poor Louisiana; we had seven tropical storms, including a storm worse than Katrina, tornadoes, the Wuhan Flu, and now ice storms.

Lots of Texas is without power because their windmills froze up. The irony of these environment saving windmills is they are de-icing them with drones carrying hoses. It appears to be similar to the way aircraft are de-iced. The spray is probably some alcohol based anti-freeze made by those wicked petroleum industries.

From your gentle flower of the South.