March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, gasgunner, SKB, ChiefAmungum, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 298 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,980
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#433847 01/24/16 01:06 PM
DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We were approached by Steve Boyett antique gun insurance at the Las Vegas Show. The policy and prices seem too good to be true. Does anybody have any experience with them, especially a claim?

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I almost used him, then he asked if I used my guns. His insurance is geared toward collectors than only collect, not collect and use. Big difference apparently.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I could certainly see why there would be a significant rate difference for an item that stays in a safe versus one that leaves the home. Different covered perils, too. In theory, the value of your gun decreases every time you put your hands on it. How does insurance keep up with the depreciation of regular use? Morale hazards everywhere, plus the simple fact risks to the item expand exponentially when you take it outside of the home.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use my homeowners policy. My insurance company has three levels of protection and at the most expensive gun insurance is covered as contents. My memory says it is less than 20cents per 100 rather than the dollar a hundred you get with NRA and others. I do list and picture my guns with the insurance agent.

bill

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.