April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Sending barrels to the UK Hammergun 04/16/24 10:39 PM
I used Peter of mygunimport.com to bring a gun from the UK to the US. Took about 4 1/2 months and cost about $550. Completely painless. Just don't expect to be continuously updated as to the whereabouts of your gun. We've all been spoiled by UPS and FedEx tracking. I'm certain he can handle sending your barrels over and bringing them back.
3 420 Read More
Re: Robert shotguns AaronN 04/16/24 09:56 PM
I created a presentation on these and turned it into a short video if anyone wants to check it out and learn more about the Robert system! It is one of the earlier double guns that used a cartridge!

2 710 Read More
Re: Ad for a Cashmere ChiefAmungum 04/16/24 09:43 PM
That's a lot of coin for a nice sweater! Kidding aside I'd ask for the email with pics and some more info and possibly proceed from there. Posting that info is a daunting task for some of us. Past that I have to agree with George!
5 290 Read More
Re: W&C Scott Serial Numbers Sandlapper 04/16/24 05:31 PM
Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on the situation, but you can see anything and everything with Scott guns. I think they would build you anything you wanted within reason. For example, I had a Premier hammer gun circa 1875 with no engraving other than the name and address, but the rib stated it was a Premier. Found out later that pogeon shooters would order a top grade model sans engraving to get the best quality wood, barrels and workmanship. Second example is a 12 bore Premier Boxlock in the 1895 era, that had every feature you could think of incorporated in it. I corresponded with Dr. Crawford about it, and he asked Pat Whatley, then W&S manager, about it. Crawford said Whatley told him Scott never made anything like that, but I've even heard of an Imperial Premier 10 gauge boxlock double.
3 222 Read More
Re: John Swinfen and Alfred Sanders - Maidstone eightbore 04/16/24 12:55 PM
David, would those "nancys" be what we refer to as a "karen" south of the Mason Dixon Line?
5 352 Read More
Re: Campero re Spanish Guns Jimmy W 04/16/24 11:32 AM
As I said, ed, I do apologize.
22 988 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
For Sale at the Southern dblgnfix 04/16/24 11:15 AM
I'll have the following guns for sale at the Southern
Winchester model 12 12ga VR 28" BBLS Choked I/C
LC SMITH 28" field grade 16 ga
Lefever G Grade 12 ga Damascus bbls
Fox Sterly 12 ga
Parker VH 30" 12 ga
Various hard to find parts for Parker and SMITH guns
0 267 Read More
Re: Dating Manufrance Robusts Argo44 04/16/24 02:47 AM
Just to close this thread, FAB reported that the Manufrance gun SN records exist and are kept at Archives Departmentales de la Loire. He also said that it has been several years since they have responded to emails or written correspondence. FAB said to find the records you are looking for, you'll have to go to St. Etienne directly. Unlike British archives, who will do the research for you for a charge, the French apparently regard such arrangements as unseemly capitalism.

After Two emails and a snail letter, I've received absolutely nothing back from Loire Archives. I guess that's the way it is until someone changes the bureaucratic mindset there.
57 5,099 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: AcraGlasGel KY Jon 04/15/24 11:44 PM
I guarantee you that syrup was still good when you threw it out. I came across some honey which was over 30 years old. It was still fine. High concentrations of sugars seem to keep longer than we expect. It is sad that a long honored brand name is suddenly racist. Aunt Jemima and uncle Ben are such suppressed people. Do not forget the Native American or Native Canadian who was on a butter brand. All racist emblems of suppression and exploitation.
9 668 Read More
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Hans Jiricek - Stocker - Vienna ellenbr 04/15/24 10:15 PM
Good question Ford. I will see if I can find out.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
2 142 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Action-in-Wood Rook Rifle Der Ami 04/15/24 08:16 PM
LRF,
I feel for you brother, my problems are also service connected caused by agent orange and hearing loss from rifle range and heavy construction equipment. I didn't choose to use the VA system for my medical services because my wife was on my BCBS Federal and I needed to keep it. At least, we caught the prostate cancer early enough to stop it. Friends didn't find it soon enough.
Mike
23 1,538 Read More
Re: Arrizabalaga eightbore 04/15/24 02:21 PM
Their new catalog is to die for.
6 633 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Vintage Leupold Rings and Mounts gasgunner 04/15/24 11:53 AM
Had a similar set on a 54 Winchester Hornet at one time. As I recall they were a pain in the butt to adjust.

John
5 313 Read More
Re: .410 Miscellany lagopus 04/14/24 04:42 PM
The Silenzias are sub-sonic for use in .410 shotguns fitted with silencers. Quite popular in the U.K. for shooting small game such as pigeons and squirrels. https://www.hushpower.co.uk/ Lagopus.....
2 415 Read More
Re: WTB: Ithaca NID 16 ga. Buttplate T.R.Kline 04/14/24 12:41 AM
Thanks, Rob. Have responded via PM.
2 190 Read More
Re: Pictures??? Jimmy W 04/13/24 08:36 PM
Once you do that, come back to this website and right click on, "join the conversation". A box will appear and left click on "paste". Then left click on the post box.
4 389 Read More
Re: Brownng Vintage Hartman Case. Superposed. 30" eightbore 04/13/24 08:15 PM
John, I sent a private message with my email address. Thanks.
1 181 Read More
Re: Grulla value? eightbore 04/13/24 08:04 PM
However you interpret my post, the gun in question is, as stated, a scarce or rare gun that appears to be of high quality.
6 494 Read More
Winchester 1.25" Super Grade Swivels & Sling Recoil Rob 04/13/24 06:25 PM
I got this from a dealer at a Gun Show that used to be held in Greenwich CT years ago, it was a high end show, mostly SxS dealers and custom rifles upstairs and parts downstairs. The seller was strictly a Winchester guy, all sorts of hard to find stuff like this.

Sold as a package, 1-1/4" Super Grade swivels with 1-1/4" sling. Leather is supple, no cracking, brass hooks are heavy gauge.

$475 plus shipping....

Link to photos...
0 101 Read More
Re: Shotgun Boogie Licensed to kill 04/13/24 03:34 PM
I grew up listening to that song but by Hank Thompson not TEF. Have always been a Hank Thompson fan.
3 402 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: CVA kit from the 70's PhysDoc 04/13/24 01:31 PM
Well my son and I finished the Kentucky pistol, hope to shoot it soon, here are some pictures

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

8 539 Read More
Re: Heavy 12s and light 12s, all you'll ever need. Kolar Dickson 04/13/24 12:17 PM
Shot column or "square" loads. 1oz and ⅞ in a 12 light or heavy works.
I remember reading MM that a light 12 became popular because of mens hand size on a sxs.

A guy I shoot with shoots a 28g . ¾ load. He is deadly.

I shoot sc and do not like 1 1/8th
42 1,821 Read More
Page 2 of 2 1 2

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.