Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: .410 Miscellany lagopus 04/14/24 04:42 PM
The Silenzias are sub-sonic for use in .410 shotguns fitted with silencers. Quite popular in the U.K. for shooting small game such as pigeons and squirrels. https://www.hushpower.co.uk/ Lagopus.....
2 415 Read More
Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers Argo44 04/14/24 03:58 PM
This is odd. It's a commercial sign in the form of a wooden revolver for E.M. Reilly & Co., New Oxford Street. Assume this is from the 1870's-1880's based on the name, address, and the (non-pin-fire) type revolver. Wonder where on 502 New Oxford Street it hung?
https://bidspirit.com/ui/lotPage/source/catalog/auction/43525/lot/18779/title?lang=en
LOT 1035:
A LARGE AND RARE LATE 19TH CENTURY GUN SHOP ADVERTISING SIGN for E.M. REILLY & CO. NEW OXFORD ST. LONDON. ...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sold for: £1,500
971 1,780,470 Read More
Re: Arrizabalaga arrieta2 04/14/24 03:44 PM
Some of the early guns were not as up to speed as the later guns. A number of years ago a friend of mind told me about a Arrizabalaga that was at Collectors Firearms in Houston. The price was great. Too cheap. I hurried down there the next day and when I saw the gun it was not of the quality I expected. I asked if I could remove the locks. The guy knew who I was and agreed. Inside on the lock was stamped AYA. Now not say that was a bad thing, just saying that as soon as I had the gun in my hands even before I removed the locks you could see it was done no where near their later guns. I passed.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
6 633 Read More
Re: Arrizabalaga eightbore 04/14/24 03:34 PM
I own a delightful 28 gauge Arrizabalaga, Model # in my files. It is unengraved, but top quality wood to metal fit. Made in the fifties but modern quality. It is not a normal fifties Spanish gun. William Larkin Moore had a 28, identical to mine a couple of years ago, asking $5000.00. I was tempted to pair it up with mine, but it disappeared rather quickly.
6 633 Read More
Campero re Spanish Guns ed good 04/14/24 03:28 PM
please advise, in your opinion, what are the best ten Spanish box lock gun makers, since 2000...
22 986 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Vintage Leupold Rings and Mounts Ken Nelson 04/14/24 03:19 PM
Great info Doc.
Many thanks!

Ken
5 313 Read More
Re: Arrizabalaga campero 04/14/24 03:11 PM
I can tell you that it's one of the best, if not the best, factory in Spain!

Now a days, Arrieta and Arrizabalaga works together.

Arrieta & Arrizabalaga
6 633 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: New member Waffen-Krauser Munchen Marplot 04/14/24 02:08 PM
Tried another way using the Forum link. But it still seems that in each image, I am showing the whole album. Is there a better way or is this proper. I have acquired several good Drillings, Combos and double rifles. I love photography and want to best use my images, easily
7 244 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: New member Waffen-Krauser Munchen ellenbr 04/14/24 01:55 PM
If you will forward the images to me, I will gladly post them.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
7 244 Read More
New pics! Waffen-Krauser Munchen Double and combo Marplot 04/14/24 01:34 PM
Just acquired Waffen-Krausser Munchen double rifle and combo gun and want to know more.

My first double rifle. Comments by the Seller. Your opinions?

"High Quality German/Austrian double rifle Ferlach (9.3X74R) with scope and extra combination barrel (7X65R & 16GA - 2 3/4") with scope.

All engraving by hand, not machine.

Has been professionally restored within the past year by high quality workmen in USA. Reblued, double rifle freshly put on face (very tight now) and high quality recoil pad to handle recoil without harm. Only fired 4 shots after restoration to sight in. Groups nicely with factory and custom hand loads.

Double rifle has original Hensoldt-Wetzlar Diavari-D 1.5-6x that was matched to gun when made and also engraved "Waffen-Krausser". Clear without fault.

Combination rifle barrel has original Karl Kahles-Wien Helia S 4X32 scope.Clear without fault."

Not sure how to use PhotoBucket, here are img dot com
Now trying BB Code (whatever this is)
[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com] [Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]
7 244 Read More
Arrizabalaga rocky mtn bill 04/14/24 12:26 PM
There is frequent talk here of various Spanish makers but scant mention of this one. It would be informative to hear some reports and opinions.
6 633 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK eeb 04/14/24 12:20 PM
In reference to this thread I looked at what Filson offers. For $425 you can have a zippered canvas/leather case with flannel lining for your scoped or unscoped gun. What a deal. The British also know the difference between a rifle and a gun. The hipsters in the Filson marketing department do not.
19 899 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK Jimmy W 04/14/24 12:09 PM
Those gun slips are just gorgeous!! And the prices are reasonable, too! Do all of the leather ones have the wool interiors like your's? I assume they would. Thanks.
19 899 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Vintage Leupold Rings and Mounts PhysDoc 04/14/24 09:06 AM
I did some googling yesterday and found this site which has a list of which bases go with which rifles

Leupold lists

Your mounts are adjusto mounts and according to the 1963 list, they are for a post-war Winchester Model 70.
5 313 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK Imperdix 04/14/24 07:09 AM
Have a look at Quality Gunslips for good value ,handmade kit ,Been very impressed with their UK value for money.Hth
19 899 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK arrieta2 04/14/24 12:45 AM
Yes

Realizing it’s canvas and less expensive. Using the leather case that they market as a comparison

I spoke to Jeff at Jeff’s Outfitters today about that and he said not possible

John
Quality Arms

The main thing is that I am sure it’s a good value and you are pleased that’s all that counts
19 899 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: WTB: Ithaca NID 16 ga. Buttplate T.R.Kline 04/14/24 12:41 AM
Thanks, Rob. Have responded via PM.
2 190 Read More
Re: Who Knows the Standard Bore-Size of a "TWO"Bore?? NTaxiarchis 04/14/24 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Hello Crossedchisles,
I now own the Gilbert Bailey, Portland Maine 4 gauge gun that was discussed as a 2 gauge June 16, 2007 & would like to find out more its history. It was sold to me 12/10/2023 & previously sold in 2015.
Thank you for your help.
Jerry

Your 4 bore is a different gun than the one originally discussed. The Bailey 2 bore belongs to the uncle of a friend of mine. The uncle is/was a plumber who found the gun leaning against the wall in the basement of a house he was working in, along with a higher grade Lefever (as I recall) 8 bore double. he asked the homeowner what to do with the guns as they were perched where the work was to be done. The reply was "If you want them take them".

My dad and I went to see the Bailey gun and as David T. described it's a brass action single shot. I thought possibly a rebarrelled line throwing or harpoon gun or some such. 36" barrel if I'm remembering correctly. Measuring across the muzzle showed about 1.25". Very cool piece. Very plain but in nice shape. The owner was not interested in selling.

The story about the gun was that it was made for a ships Captain to shoot sea ducks off of South Portland. There are actually two identical guns. The first was delivered to the Captain and the first time he fired it he was knocked overboard and lost the gun to the deep. So he had another one made. The owner eventually had some cases turned out on a lathe. I don't know if he ever shot it. I took pictures to show David and gather what info he had if any. If I can find the pictures I'll try to post them. No promises as that was about 4 computers ago.

If anyone here is a diver looking for an adventure, there's another one supposedly sitting on the bottom off Willard Beach.
25 7,906 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK HMAK 04/13/24 11:22 PM
arrieta2:
I tend to agree with you, perhaps I am mistaken on made in England, it was my assumption. I will reach out to Teales for an answer! Once I get an answer, I will post it. And this NOT a full leather case!
In no way did I want to convey that this case is on pair with Brady Brothers, Leathercraft or Emmebi, because it is clearly not, but it is clearly better than the Tourbon case that I bought. I was only looking for a case to go from my hard case to a soft to put in my car to go to the range.
canvasback:
Neither the Teales case nor my 30-year-old Bob Allen canvas case has a country of origin able.
19 899 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK canvasback 04/13/24 10:46 PM
New goods imported typically must have a country of origin tag or label on them.
19 899 Read More
Re: Who Knows the Standard Bore-Size of a "TWO"Bore?? Argo44 04/13/24 09:32 PM
I last talked to him about 15 months ago; he was going to write up his recollections of 70 years in the gun business starting at Purdey when he was 13. I know Vic Venters keeps up with him.
25 7,906 Read More
Re: Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK arrieta2 04/13/24 09:24 PM
I read the website. Sorry, it does not anywhere that it is made in England. They use choice words about selection of materials, best craftsmanship, etc, etc. So it sounds like they made it. But from what I can read they do not come out and say hand made in England. Yes, handmade, but never do they they made in England. I see they have a full length all leather gun slip for 165 pounds. That is just to cheap for a full length leather slip. I have great experience importing leather goods direct from England, names like Brady Brothers and Leathercraft. Also both from Emmebi and Caces, Italy. Radar and Esposito from Spain. So, I do not think they are actually making it themselves, the price does not add up for a handmade England case.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Also imported Tessier. (Forgot about that one)

I could be wrong but based on my dealings with various makers I think I am correct.
19 899 Read More
Canvas & Leather Gun Slip - Teales UK HMAK 04/13/24 09:00 PM
Was looking for a traditional canvas & leather gun case, without any pockets, not made in China, that was reasonably priced, and had flap and zipped. Looked at Kevin's gun slip but it didn't zip, at least it doesn't say it does, and it's over $400.00. Miss Jeff's and Thomas Ferney no longer has any. But found this from Teales UK, they weren't the quickest shipper but then I didn't need it immediately - took about a week to get here in Virginia.

It arrived beautifully wrapped in a long cardboard box, so no wrinkles or buckled leather unlike the leather Tourbon that I got a while ago. (when I sold my Ceasar Guerini the Tourbon went with it).
It is exactly as pictured on Teales web site. All the leather edges are finished, and the handle is multiple layers of leather with a rolled edge. I love it! Perfect for my Grulla to take to the range!
Hand made in England, NOT CHINA!

Gun case/slip in from Teales UK Leather shooting accessories - https://teales.co.uk/
FROM TEALES WEB SITE:
Forest canvas and brandy leather gun slip with synthetic wool lining designed for guns with barrels up to 30 inches.
This Huntsman gun slip is crafted from cotton canvas and trimmed with thick leather. The fabric is laminated with rubber to provide a robust waterproof coating and is stitched with strong, oiled thread. It will hold all gun sizes up to 30 inches comfortably and securely.
The canvas is cut to our own pattern that gives a straighter leading edge.
The buckles are made of metal. The inner lining is synthetic wool.
The design features a fold over sleeve and buckle for extra gun security as well as a plastic YKK zip that runs the full length of the slip. The gun slip can be personalized on the eye on the tongue, at the top of the slip with up to 5 letters, (max 40mm high). Personalization is included within the price of the slip.
The Huntsman is our workhorse range – quality designs, robust materials – built to last.
Dimensions (external)
Length: 124.5cm (49”), Depth at Stock: 20cm (7 7/8”), Depth at Barrel End: 8cm (31/8”).
To Hold Max Gun Length: 122cm (48”)
Cost $145.00 without shipping (116 British Lbs.) shipping was pricey at $106 (85 British Lbs.)

19 899 Read More
Re: Pictures??? Jimmy W 04/13/24 08:36 PM
Once you do that, come back to this website and right click on, "join the conversation". A box will appear and left click on "paste". Then left click on the post box.
4 389 Read More
Re: Who Knows the Standard Bore-Size of a "TWO"Bore?? Jerry G 04/13/24 08:24 PM
Thank you. I left a message at that number.
25 7,906 Read More
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.