September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
9 registered (AZMike, Karl Graebner, fullandfuller, Ian (WI), Der Ami, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13885 Members
10 Forums
34790 Topics
487927 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by Paul Harm @ 41 seconds ago

10-4 to Damascus - you're right on.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by AZMike @ 3 minutes 3 seconds ago

Don't ignore quality and unique to the area food vendors. If you want your crowd to hang out more FEED them! Loafing tents with beer and food will help the gents settle in for a bit.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by Paul Harm @ 8 minutes 20 seconds ago

I think it will be hard to get started. Vendors want to know what attendance will be. How does one show how many customers there will be to start off ? I put on a shoot in Mi every spring. There are two more clubs with in a hours drive and we each do
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Now that 1909 date pairs with the >>mm<< stamps and had the longarm been subject to the new 1911 Z-M Rules(not law)(1912-Suhl) then there would have been a chamber length associated. It could have been a little earlier but I just do not
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ 21 minutes 52 seconds ago

Perhaps Archduke Rainer Ferdinand of Austria who lived till January 1913? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archduke_Rainer_Ferdinand_of_Austria
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ 25 minutes 39 seconds ago

Fantastic information, Raimey! Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this as it's all fascinating to me and I'm starting up the steep part my my personal learning curve with all of this. I'm looking forward to providing detailed photos of
Jump to new posts Re: European Butt Plates by fallschirmjaeger @ 31 minutes 54 seconds ago

Thanks guys! I checked eBay... I'm not sure how I missed that one.
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by Argo44 @ 44 minutes 8 seconds ago

Yes, I looked him up on line. Rocky Mount, Va and Rocky Mount, NC are about the same distance from Northern VA - It's a beautiful drive down to that area, if you stay off I-81.
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by BrentD @ Today at 08:37 AM

I would use the inertial bullet puller. Drilling will distort the bullet for future purposes and also make it all but impossible to weigh. Carefully done, a bullet can be pulled, unwrapped, weighed measured, rewrapped, and reinserted, having done t
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by LeFusil @ Today at 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Argo44Dustin, And thanks for the NC suggestion. I'll contact him and drive down to Rocky Mount. The Mask Nazi's here are driving me crazy and my French wife recently threatened me with the guillotine - she can't breath with a
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by ClapperZapper @ Today at 08:35 AM

Get your shoot dates out early. Send your tasteful flyer to every gun club you can think of and ask them to be posted. Contact the president of every gun club you can think of, and then go visit their club. Shoot it and say how great it is. Get you
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by ClapperZapper @ Today at 08:22 AM

Steve is correct Drill a small hole and turn in a coarse screw.
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by susjwp @ Today at 08:02 AM

Dewy Vicknair in PA and Dan Morgan in VT have both worked on Scott Climax actions and on climax actions under other name brands. You could also call Guy Davies of Holland in Dallas and ask who he recommends. He was very helpful for me when Holland w
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by David Williamson @ Today at 08:02 AM

Great to hear Stan.
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by Stan @ Today at 07:52 AM

Some late news ...... I'm going home from the rehab Friday!! I'll be able go on the forums on my Mac instead of this cell phone. Yay!
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 07:35 AM

Upon closer inspection, I'd hazard a guess that the Z-M date is 6.09 and the ledger number is 749 for June. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by damascus @ Today at 07:07 AM

Well you can put me down as a one foot in the past person, within two minuets I collected the above well used items and that can of three in one was under thee sink the others are in the garden sheds and my workshop. I even have a bottle of Sper
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 06:46 AM

Too, the screws in the water-table above point to some assisted open or novel addition to the platform. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 06:37 AM

The position of the date & ledger number is undoubtedly that of Z-M. There is another set of proof marks lower on the flats, along with multiple preliminary stamps higher on the tubes(Klett or Kelber-jagged encircled K??), that have been worked
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by craigd @ Today at 06:20 AM

I believe many firearms are impulse buys. This rifle may be much more likely to be resold at significantly less, that appreciate.
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by fuhrmann @ Today at 01:48 AM

That is certainly a royal crown, indicating some archduke, prince or other royalty. Prince Rudolf of Austria however died in 1889. fuhrmann
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by Chuck H @ Today at 01:36 AM

Welcome back Stan. I hope you stick around for a good bit longer. On learning of your accident, I started reading some of your old postings and ran across one where you had examined Bo Whoop and some old .410 posts. I'm hoping to read many more li
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Steve Helsley @ Today at 12:35 AM

It's likely that the cartridge is too long (and the base too large) for disassembly with most commercial inertia pullers. You'll probably need to use a collet type puller. Don't expect the powder charge to come out easily. The old black powder is pro
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by WBLDon @ Today at 12:13 AM

My preferred method for dissembling cartridges is to use a collet bullet puller. RCBS makes a good one. Check with any of ur buddies that reload as they probably have one. Might need to order the correct size collet but those are only 11 bucks or
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by skeettx @ Today at 12:09 AM

I would use an inertial bullet puller with a cushion in the bottom to cushion the bullet. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012714588?pid=215517 Mike P.S. that is if the internal cavity is large enough to handle the cartridge
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.