July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jeff L., jlb, Craigster, 1 invisible), 5 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13837 Members
10 Forums
34498 Topics
483293 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by Craigster @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentDOriginally Posted By: BoltmanHere's a Model 1885 that came up for sale recently. The original owner who special ordered it seems to have been intent on as light a weight big game single-shot as possible. I have never see
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Stock Blank Assessment by Woodreaux @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Ruger. I couldn't figure out the s part of it, and Google wasn't helping. Sturm Ruger. Thanks all. From what I'm seeing on ebay, I might be able to cover the cost of the whole lot just by selling that Ruger no 1 stock and forend. Looks like
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Charcoal bluing by BrentD @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Thanks Kutter. I have some small parts that can easily be held in a 20# lead pot. I may have to give this a go. Nitre fertilizer? Really? I'm not sure what that is. I see lots of fertilizers but they all contain a lot of other things as well.
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by BrentD @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BoltmanHere's a Model 1885 that came up for sale recently. The original owner who special ordered it seems to have been intent on as light a weight big game single-shot as possible. I have never seen a low wall in a large cali
Jump to new posts Re: Stock Blank Assessment by BrentD @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Nice blank, even if small. I think that emblem is Ruger, no?
Jump to new posts Re: Charcoal bluing by Chuckster @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Good comments. Never tried the higher temperature. Heat source limited to about 700°F. Use nitre fertilizer from the garden store, Goodwill stainless pot and a lead thermometer. Nice blue on screws, etc. and the most reliable way to temper springs. C
Jump to new posts Re: Stock Blank Assessment by Saskbooknut @ Yesterday at 11:03 PM

Ruger
Jump to new posts Re: Stock Blank Assessment by Brittany Man @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

The checkered stock & forend look like they belong on a Ruger #1 rifle. The grip cap is Ruger.
Jump to new posts Re: Stock Blank Assessment by Woodreaux @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Since I said I would say how much I bought it for, I got the lot for $300. So you were pretty close Dave. Brent D, the sleeper in photo 5 does look like it has some nice wood, but it is pretty small and has some sapwood on one side of the front.
Jump to new posts Re: Petrov’s shotgun research papers by waterman @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

The ASSRA Archives are maintained by a volunteer or two, well into geezerhood and all the aches and pains that go with it. The Archives have been functioning for 70 years or more, growing steadily, and that's a minor miracle, a testimony to the work
Jump to new posts Re: Hunting Painting by BrentD @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

Yeah, my first thought was lever gun. Of course, I've been working on a 95 Marlin for a few days lately so I suppose I'm biased.
Jump to new posts Re: Charcoal bluing by Kutter @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

If you Nitre Blue but run the temp of the Nitre salts up to 830/850F,,you will get the (near) same deep blue/black color as that of charcoal blueing. Actually the color will look closer to that done with the American Gas Furnace rotary furnace method
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by waterman @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

When set up to conform with certain match rules, probably at Sea Girt and similar ranges, the sticking point would be sight radius. The normal rifle used in US military-rules matches 1900-1914 was the Krag with a 30" barrel, but with a sight ra
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Reduced...: Amateur Gunsmithing by Mills & Barnes by Recoil Rob @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

Sorry, this is gone.
Jump to new posts Re: Hunting Painting by DAM16SXS @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Argo44Looks like he's using an o/u, maybe with a rag on his left hand? Or maybe a Winchester...?
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by tigertrout @ Yesterday at 09:25 PM

thx Joe it is a fairly meaty gun. Barrels are 30 inches and measure .727 front to back, with a couple thou variance at the most. Its a Damascus barrelled gun with very nice engraving, i could definitely imagine it as a live pigeon gun. You have gi
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by Boltman @ Yesterday at 09:10 PM

Here's a Model 1885 that came up for sale recently. The original owner who special ordered it seems to have been intent on as light a weight big game single-shot as possible. I have never seen a low wall in a large caliber. This one tempted me to
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly Diamond Grades by Recoil Rob @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Pattern it first, Cyl/Skeet can be a nice setup. I have an NID that was cut down to 28, probably from 30", I hit more with it than most others.
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by Joe Wood @ Yesterday at 08:36 PM

It is my understanding that for the pigeon ring longer chambers were sometimes ordered from the factory, even at that time. The loads might not have increased but it allowed additional wadding, therefore better gas seal. I am aware of 3” chambers ord
Jump to new posts Re: Reduced...: Amateur Gunsmithing by Mills & Barnes by Maxey Brantley @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

If still available I’ll take it. Please contact me with payment instructions V/r Maxey Brantley
Jump to new posts Re: Swelling a butt stock for refinish by bill schodlatz @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Just repaired a SLE splinter forend where the junction of the wood and forend iron were about .015 different. I made a batch of garnet shelllac and applied several coats until the finish height and metal were the same height. It took about 6 days of
Jump to new posts Re: Hunting Painting by skeettx @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

NOT the original https://www.mutualart.com/Artwork/Hunter-with-Dog-Shooting-Grouse/AB7206C0D776FDA7
Jump to new posts Re: Shotgun Reference Books by Geo. Newbern @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

I'll buy "Cogswell & Harrison" for $65. Please confirm sale and advise total price and where to send payment by PM...Geo
Jump to new posts Shotgun Reference Books by SDH-MT @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

Shotgun Reference Books It is time to purge my extensive firearms library and I’m hoping that some of you can use these excellent references as I have. All book are in Very Good to As New condition. Some rare and hard to find, some readily available.
Jump to new posts Re: Light Gun for a friend Wanted by SDH-MT @ Yesterday at 07:35 PM

Daryl, I have a 16, 6lbs. 30"? I'm thinking about selling? Email me for pics and price.
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.