April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
14 registered (azgreg, 257rob, Ian Forrester, buzz, Crane, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13793 Members
10 Forums
34355 Topics
478591 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Choke tube cleaning by buzz @ 7 minutes 18 seconds ago

I bought a jug of Slip2000 choke tube cleaner and was amazed at how easy it made cleaning choke tubes. Just drop them in the solution, let them soak for a bit and wipe off with a rag, minor brushing of the inside of the tube, and they look like new.
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by Jalo @ 15 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thanks! The bores are not chrome lined. I measured the chokes and they were more like Improved Modified and Extra Full.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Outer's book May 1913 article Meunier / Wosneck by 257rob @ 20 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 375whelenIMPI will be scanning more early gun lore has I find suitable copies. Would love to see more good reading like that.
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by Run With The Fox @ 21 minutes 12 seconds ago

leave it as is, and enjoy the thrill the late Nash Buckingham describe as :"You've had about all the thrill wingshooting can offer when you see a dove, centered in your gun's pattern, crumpled in mid-air"--I use tight chokes in all my 12 b
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by Stan @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

Jalo, welcome to the forum. Your question is one I considered many years ago, and answered to my satisfaction. I bought a 30" barreled BSS that was also choked M and F. I tend to like tighter chokes than many, so I had the full choke barrel open
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by Karl Graebner @ 23 minutes 44 seconds ago

Jalo, Welcome to the forum. I believe Micheal has the best suggestion. Most steel shells pattern tight to begin with. Karl
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by skeettx @ 24 minutes 7 seconds ago

Hello Jalo If no tubes, I would go with IC/Light Mod as old colonel says Question, are the bores chrome lined? Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by Jalo @ 26 minutes 8 seconds ago

Thanks everybody! I'm from Finland. Fixed choked gun is the only way for me so I guess I should be talking about the "perfect" compromise. My hunting will be all: over decoys, pass shooting and sometimes also jump shooting (ducks). The gun
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by ed good @ 37 minutes 34 seconds ago

consider chokes mod and mod and then use spreader loads for more open patterns?
Jump to new posts Re: ejector question by graemea @ 52 minutes 28 seconds ago

The Boswell I asked about has Baker ejectors. The gun is 119 years old and the ejectors still function fine. I believe they lost popularity because the "boxes" are expensive to make and because Southgate ejectors are simpler and the v spri
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: front sight beads by PhysDoc @ 54 minutes 46 seconds ago

Brownell's sells kits in two screw sizes, 6-48 and 3-56, the minor diameter of a 6-48 screw is about 0.1 inches, the minor diameter for a 3-56 screw is about .07 inches. If you have a 3-56 screw or 6-48 screw laying around you can try it in the hol
Jump to new posts Re: ejector question by Toby Barclay @ Today at 04:18 PM

SKB is right. The Baker coil sprung ejectors. They were generally used on guns of lesser quality but I have just started work on a 1927 pair of Greener 16b FH50's and they use the Baker ejectors. Totaly reliable until they're not, if you get my meani
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by craigd @ Today at 04:17 PM

Does the gun have to go back to proof after the barrel work? Why not just pattern the modified barrel as is and see what happens before you make a decision? For how this situation is described, I’d pattern the full barrel too. What’s the downside?
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by BrentD @ Today at 04:11 PM

Jalo, in what country are you hunting?
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by skeettx @ Today at 04:10 PM

Hello Jalo WELCOME on your first posting Yes, what old colonel says Mike
Jump to new posts Re: front sight beads by SKB @ Today at 04:01 PM

3-56 would be the standard american size and is the diameter you specify, if it is metric I would not know.
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by BrentD @ Today at 03:49 PM

I would vote withe old colonel, though I don't know the circumstances of your hunting. Will ducks be over decoys? If they were jump hunted or pass shooting (and I assume that wood pigeons might be the latter), then I would bet tempted go with 0.15
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTB---MEC Super Sizer SS77 12ga by dukxdog @ Today at 03:44 PM

Got one on another location. Thanks
Jump to new posts front sight beads by RARiddell @ Today at 03:37 PM

So I need some help determining sizes, the screw hole in the rib is 2.5mm across how would I know what size bead I would need?
Jump to new posts Re: Perfect choke combination by old colonel @ Today at 03:36 PM

I will speak heresy, consider choke tube if installation of steel shot capable chokes is possible. While my lead shot wild bird hunting has been .005&.015, and my preserve shooting .000&.010 having the ability to shoot the same gun and chan
Silent Doubles - In Memorium
Jump to new posts Re: Alan Myers UK RIP by big al1 @ Today at 03:30 PM

Would anyone know if Alan Myers shop still doing business?I would like to do some business..So would anyone know how get in touch with the shop?
Jump to new posts Perfect choke combination by Jalo @ Today at 03:19 PM

Hello everybody. This is my first post here. I happened to find a Miroku model 500 with 28" barrels, pistol grip and beaver tail fore end. It weighs around 7,5 lbs. I'm planning to use the gun for both waterfowling with steel shot and shooting w
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Price lowered to $500 shipped each.
Jump to new posts Re: Barrel keels by Recoil Rob @ Today at 03:06 PM

Years ago when I was stupider I shortened the barrel on a 16ga Stevens 5000 for a slug gun. When I was done there empty spots where keels should be. I rosin fluxed the voids best I could and then jammed in a filed piece and some plumbers solder and g
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Outer's book May 1913 article Meunier / Wosneck by 375whelenIMP @ Today at 01:01 PM

I will be scanning more early gun lore has I find suitable copies.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.