January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
11 registered (Bob Noble, David Zincavage, HalfaDouble, Jtplumb, FlyChamps, canvasback), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13742 Members
9 Forums
33975 Topics
473030 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by RARiddell @ 2 minutes 17 seconds ago

Frame your reply around this, “Who said they weren’t? How would you know? First off I never said anything about cheap, find it and quote me. If you are referring to sleeving a 95gbp Gun, then that would explain your confusion with that simple article
Jump to new posts Unusual Dumoulin by David Zincavage @ 2 minutes 55 seconds ago

I did not win the bidding. Did not know enough about the gun to bid higher. https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Milita...mation/52089804
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: help needed on rings by HalfaDouble @ 5 minutes 5 seconds ago

What is the width of the rib, side to side?
Jump to new posts Re: Can you really eat a woodcock? by Run With The Fox @ 6 minutes 22 seconds ago

Hallo, Felix-- Wie ghets mit ehen? OK--Who eats hot woodcock entrails becomes he who leaves it alone.. Lecker wie ScheiBkuchen auf misch, meine Fruend. Herr Fuchs-- Prosit
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by Karl Graebner @ 22 minutes 18 seconds ago

Jim, Congratulations, your son has what we up here call Woodcock Fever. I've had it ever since my first one! Karl
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by Drew Hause @ 25 minutes 41 seconds ago

Dan: I should have linked the summary, without the extraneous verbiage, starting about 1/2 way down here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZnptAPvQIlWG5n5UU2FmKcFpYtVmOSc4b7K7G9IBs4g/edit My opinion was that the barrel failed because of the criti
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Ted Schefelbein @ 34 minutes 4 seconds ago

The guy who wrote the article uses a Purdey as an example. He later writes that a gun of “lesser value” (Pretty much anything else) wouldn’t be worth the expense. My argument is weak? So far, the only arguments you have is you own them, and they we
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by Dan S. W. @ 48 minutes 10 seconds ago

Thanks for the update - so the undisturbed conclusion is that the burst was the result of an original factory manufacturing defect? I guess it is remarkable it held up as long as it did if that is the case.
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by old colonel @ Today at 02:35 PM

I truly appreciate the time you take focusing and sharing
Jump to new posts Re: help needed on rings by craigd @ Today at 02:31 PM

I would consider asking Steve Earle (products) if he has a rail that is compatible. If it doesn't have to be period/maker correct, I'd consider trying one of the standard scope rings (11 mm in aluminum?). For a light kicker, I would overly worry abou
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by Woodreaux @ Today at 02:20 PM

She's a bracco Italiano. Just over a year old. She comes from your direction in the southern part of South Carolina. I saw that video last year. Beautiful country. I think they are up near the Kisatchie National Forest. In fact, there are a
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by craigd @ Today at 02:18 PM

Thanks much Doc Drew.
Jim, what breed is your dog? Once you start hunting heavy cover, a bell, at a minimum should be used. Where we hunt, gps tracking is almost a must. Sometimes we can't seen the dog from 15-20 feet away. One big factor in southern birds is that we ar
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly hammer double by rocky mtn bill @ Today at 02:00 PM

Yes, it was the one in Montrose Auctions.
Jump to new posts help needed on rings by WildCattle @ Today at 01:52 PM

Gents, I am asking for help in order to find the proper rings for this rebarreled Webley 1902 Rook rifle. The top of the dovetail measures .445. The bottom 0.32, and it is .15 high. There are small square divots in the middle of the top left si
Jump to new posts Re: 10 bore quail gun by Stan @ Today at 01:45 PM

You "suspect". The amount of stuff you don't know about me is truly impressive, Frank,
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by Woodreaux @ Today at 01:21 PM

Thanks all. From what you all are describing, the areas we were hitting were mostly good. My brother has hunted "up north" (meaning north louisiana) and has found them in the creek bottoms. He was tagging along with some experienced gu
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: FS Arrieta Model 578 12GA Long Barrels by Nitrah @ Today at 01:14 PM

Looks identical to one I owned. Great gun
This a relatively open canebrake than where we usually find them. But they were there that day...Willa is looking back at me from her vantage point on an edge of the canebrake. Gil
Jump to new posts Re: Can you really eat a woodcock? by Karl Graebner @ Today at 12:45 PM

John, Thanks for sharing, but I'll stick to marinated breasts and legs! Still, I'll never know unless I try. Karl
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by Karl Graebner @ Today at 12:23 PM

Jim, It seems that when I encounter bracken fern, I have better luck. But with woodcock, one day they are there and the next day gone. I attribute much of that to their migratory actions here in the north. Karl Sometimes I've found them warming the
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by Drew Hause @ Today at 12:22 PM

Thank you Craig. Yes, the deformation should be "plastic" ie. not reversible Cleavage cavity with ductile dimples. No low-cycle fatigue striations.
Jump to new posts Re: "The Southern" chamber burst by craigd @ Today at 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause....An obstruction with high pressure failure (above ultimate tensile strength) should show elastic deformation with terminal cleavage.... Only asking Doc Drew, is "elastic" a typo as far as being able to be
Jump to new posts Re: Can you really eat a woodcock? by lonesome roads @ Today at 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: John Robertshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf4WeiAmuD8 JR After watching that all I can say is, Boy, was I wrong! Definitely a dish you would pair with a Sprite. _________________________ What time does Chick-fil-a open?
Jump to new posts Re: Photobucket test by Lloyd3 @ Today at 11:46 AM

Skeettx: thats the drill. Still nothing
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.