April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ted Schefelbein), 1,067 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Under 3 Flags - Steyr 6.5x53R Parabola 04/23/24 06:17 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Buckstix’s recent post about a Sauer 8x57 taken into military service 1914/5 reminded me of this old veteran taken into service on the other side of the conflict at the same time.

It started life as a Model 1892 Steyr Mannlicher Romanian service rifle.

At some point prior to 1914 Daniel Fraser converted it to a stalking rife. He used the original military stock cut down to half length, added a longitudinal foresight dovetail for a caterpillar sporting foresight, a 3 leaf (all folding to clear the view for the Lyman cocking piece peep sight) express sight and cut a transverse dovetail for the Lyman sight at the back of the cocking piece.

The bolt handle, originally straight is curved down.

He marked the barrel “Shot and Regulated by” with his address and stamped a D. Fraser cartouche on the right side of the butt.

Then (note the British Government crossed flags Proof or Acceptance mark stamped partly over the NITRO PROOF mark on the barrel) it was taken into British military service.

A number of Mannlicher rifles in this calibre have been observed with these marks.

The late Tony Edwards, author of 4 volumes on British substitute standard Great War small arms, was unable to find any documentation on their purchases or deployment.

Theories include sniper use, sniper training or Royal Navy use to sink mines by trawler crews.
0 116 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
For Sale at the Southern dblgnfix 04/16/24 11:15 AM
I'll have the following guns for sale at the Southern
Winchester model 12 12ga VR 28" BBLS Choked I/C
LC SMITH 28" field grade 16 ga
Lefever G Grade 12 ga Damascus bbls
Fox Sterly 12 ga
Parker VH 30" 12 ga
Various hard to find parts for Parker and SMITH guns
0 343 Read More
Winchester 1.25" Super Grade Swivels & Sling Recoil Rob 04/13/24 06:25 PM
I got this from a dealer at a Gun Show that used to be held in Greenwich CT years ago, it was a high end show, mostly SxS dealers and custom rifles upstairs and parts downstairs. The seller was strictly a Winchester guy, all sorts of hard to find stuff like this.

Sold as a package, 1-1/4" Super Grade swivels with 1-1/4" sling. Leather is supple, no cracking, brass hooks are heavy gauge.

$475 plus shipping....

Link to photos...
0 134 Read More
Vintage Scope Rings/Basis Ken Nelson 04/12/24 11:23 PM
1 set Sako Finland Low Scope Rings in Original box
$125.00

1 set Sako Finland Medium Scope Rings $125.00
Excellent.

1 set Sako Medium rings (est. 70’s production) NOS
$80.00

1 set Sako style medium rings.Unknown Mfg.
$25.00

(6) sets Sako style two pc bases. Box notes Std FN hole spacing.

All rings 25.4 mm (1”)

Bueler Mod 70 micro adjust one pc scope base and Bueler 1” medium split rings in box with instructions and factory supplied shims.

1 set EAW 1” Medium rings excellent
$125.00

Redfield one pc base and low 3/4” rings.
No model # stamped on base. May be for a Model 70???
$40.00

Photos on request.
All plus shipping.

Thanks,
Ken
0 201 Read More
For Sale, at the Southern PALUNC 04/07/24 06:42 PM
I'm going to have my Joseph Lang & Son pigeon hammer gun for sale at the Sothern Side by Side event in a couple of weeks.
It was made 1897 and built as a true pigeon gun according to AG&L records. Barrels have been sleeved to 32" and are choked 33thou. and 35 thou..
Straight English grip and splinter fore arm. Very nice figure in the wood as well.
15" LOP to a nice leather pad. 2" drop at heel.
Comes in a vintage Brady canvas case with label.
I have broke 50 yard targets with this gun with ease.
$9200

PM for details
0 514 Read More

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.