January
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (mc), 221 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,125
Posts495,614
Members13,954
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Leather facing a recoil pad Stanton Hillis 38 minutes ago
That Super 77 does say it has a transparency when dry, but I don't see it available in anything other than aerosol I couldn't seem to find it available in any other application methods. Overspray could be an issue with aerosol.

SRH
36 511 Read More
Re: Jug choke damascus 1 hour ago
Greg if you are talking about the type of reamers in the photograph, I would not in any circumstances use this type of reamer for a gun bore. This type of reamer I know as a Repair reamer sometimes called a "spill bore reamer" on this side of the pond used to adjust motor pulley bores and hole sizes because of their construction they are not truly round because the cutting blades and the slope the blade runs in the reamer body are cut separately and not ground true as one unit because of its design. If you try to ream a a long bore the reamer will wander also their finish leaves a lot to be desired. These reamers are quick fix engineering items and work extremely well for what they where designed for.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
3 80 Read More
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
«Seagull wing» and «Sparrowhawk». Robertovich 1 hour ago
Taylor and Hughes patent use 90 years after

https://wp.me/p461yQ-4pk

Please use Google Translate
0 14 Read More
Re: Forend Rod Beretta 471 20 ga. Imperdix 3 hours ago
Beretta e Store.
3 67 Read More
Re: krupp barrels keith 4 hours ago
Ed, is the topic Dave Suponski's Parker barrel study???... or Model 12 Nickel Steel???... or 1937 Winchester Proof Steel??? Or perhaps the subject is the Preacher's penchant for falsehoods and putting words in other folk's mouth.

I'm not really expecting a truthful reply to my challenge. If past history is any indicator of future performance, we'll probably be treated to some scripture verses, nasty comments about acid eating my soul, or pictures of poor Guatemalan kids and dead dogs. But that's OK. I just don't want people thinking we should draw conclusions about shotgun barrel strength or compositions from woefully insufficient samples and testing. Or perhaps the Preacher would ask us to also accept a Covid19 vaccine if it had been tested for safety and efficacy on one monkey. Who knows, that just might work if he posted those results with a bunch of copy and paste vintage advertisements featuring doctors smoking Chesterfields and Lucky Strikes.
39 1,033 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: VH Grade ,20 Gauge Parker oohay 7 hours ago
Thank You Ed , Good Luck to you ,it's a Dandy Little 20 Bore !
OOhay
2 58 Read More
Re: sticky MEC 600 shot loading station DmColonial 7 hours ago
I find raising the handle a bit before dumping shot is the answer on my MEC 600.
Just experience with my loader.
4 161 Read More
Re: ah foxie fox ed good 8 hours ago
thank you gil...my new led lighting helps...

and it is a beautiful gun...everything a double gun should be...

have read that ah fox was so embarrassed that he was forced to produce a plain gun, that he refused to have his name on it...shortly after that he left the company in 1911...and he then went out and started a high end automobile assembly plant...which failed in 1923...interesting guy...wonder what he did after 1923 until 1945, when he passed over...went bird hunting a lot, i hope...
4 249 Read More
Re: Screw/Pin Blanks rwarren 10 hours ago
Thanks Steve and Mike. I’m going to try the die. Either metal works for me but have a couple tons of 1018 and not much 12L14, not that buying either is big deal for screw! Screws are lots of work but in the end worth it. Thanks for info Steve it’s appreciated. Bob
15 184 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: The Over Deer Shotgunjones 11 hours ago
Originally Posted by Rubberhead
Originally Posted by HalfaDouble
Odd, that brass looks like it has been reloaded.

The misfired cartridge sat in a stew of rain water, pine straw and willow oak leaves for two weeks. I'm sure the tannins/tannic acid did a lot for the cosmetics of the brass.

He was likely referring to the obvious junction of case web and case body that looks like the case has been resized.

The primer is also flattened, as if it's actually a fired primer.

I have a few boxes of that same ammunition, so I opened one and looked.

The Remington primers in the new cartridges look exactly like the one pictured, without of course the firing pin strike. They are seated as shown. The web junction is also evident.

The pictured cartridge is to my satisfaction a misfired factory round.
18 1,190 Read More
Re: What a difference a good cleaning makes BrentD 11 hours ago
Originally Posted by LGF
I want one large enough to hold a double gun receiver

Well, don't get suckered like I did. I bought one off of ebay that was heated, timer, etc. Held a gallon for capacity. But it wasn't nearly as powerful as claimed and the price was too good to be true.

I've been stalking for one at the university surplus but no luck yet.
15 760 Read More
Re: Loss of Bluing at Muzzle Woodreaux 11 hours ago
that's good advice on the gun and a great analogy on the ducks. My introduction to duck hunting was shooting at woodies on the sloughs off the Bogue Chitto River as a boy. Didn't get a chance to hunt 'big ducks' in the rice fields until college.

For me, a morning of woodies screaming in at dawn followed by mallards funneling down into the flooded timber is hard to beat.
9 120 Read More
Re: WTB: Nick Makinson VHS tape on the L C Smith Stanton Hillis 11 hours ago
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Yea, I know! Just having some fun.

Happy New Year, Stan.

Best,
Ted

You too, buddy! May spring come quickly for you.

SRH
7 133 Read More
Re: A. G. Genez - A Practical Gunsmith AaronN Yesterday at 11:54 PM
It is amazing how much information can be found out there if you only look! I am sure I will be doing more articles like this.

Also, if anyone ever wants to sell or trade a 16g Genez pinfire (or any other size) let me know!
16 1,619 Read More
Re: Forum signature Stanton Hillis Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by KY Jon
Could look it up on my computer if I have a spare five minutes.

Me, too. In 15.
7 374 Read More
Re: How would you fix this! mark Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Remove char, fill, recut, color to match and blend finish.
2 37 Read More
Re: Help Dating & Model Determination; a Francotte Plz ellenbr Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Might you pleasure us w/ some pics?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
7 212 Read More
Re: Need help with the year & model of my Charles Daly ellenbr Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Might have anyone seen this type >>tab<< prior; even on a WR? Is it a stop?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
31 1,906 Read More
Re: Solar-lux no more Larry21556 Yesterday at 11:05 PM
I have used these many times with very good results. The can be mixed to obtain different tones.

https://tandyleather.com/collections/supplies
2 114 Read More
Re: Fox A Grade #1 Barrel Weight Southern Sport Yesterday at 09:36 PM
I supposed it would be a great dove gun. A little heavy for quail but I may just buy it
anyway. What the hell. You only live once.
3 122 Read More
Re: Winter DGJ GETTEMANS Yesterday at 09:13 PM
I have mine since this morning.
Marc.
8 733 Read More
Re: Spanish doubles and soft steel KY Jon Yesterday at 08:48 PM
The Lewis is my first choice but this one is only 30” at 7 pounds, ten ounces, 1/2&3/4 choke. Should be good with a good bismuth load. The AYAs are backup options. Another board member won another 3” gun I was bidding on in the last sealed bid auction. Don’t know who beat me on the other couple 3” doubles. Sealed bid auctions are such a weird thing. Bid too well and win them all which you might regret or bid low and regret it because you lost them all.
23 912 Read More
Re: Mystery Superposed KY Jon Yesterday at 07:53 PM
That was a sad looking gun when you started out. Came out nice. Don’t let the riffraff get you down. They only appreciate a true untouched Mossberg 500.
8 485 Read More
Re: Off topic help. Boot repair. eightbore Yesterday at 07:01 PM
At 75 years old, I would kill to be able to wear out, or even break in, the boots in my closet, especially the Filson Uplanders that I bought before I had about five back surgeries and a total fusion. I can still walk, but I can't run or hunt birds. Retail $375.00
15 637 Read More
Re: Gun Dealers in Texas Stallones Yesterday at 06:11 PM
I HAVE MET HIM AND DONE SMALL BUSINESS WITH HIM. I DO NOT KNOW ANY NEGATIVES
4 292 Read More
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.