I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the global climate predictions of the last 50 years, have been wildly wrong.

Nor do i need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the earth's temperature (and the carbon content of our atmosphere) is constantly in flux. Just a short 11,000 years ago the earth was dramatically cooler than it is today. And the latest science on the end of the ice age suggests that the earth's temp rose rather rapidly......the span of decades or a century or two. It didn't slowly change over thousand of years.

Nor do I need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that carbon is required by plants to live and grow and those healthy plants create oxygen that allow us to thrive.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that it is man's adaptability to changing circumstances that sets us apart from just about all other creatures on earth and allowed us to thrive.

i don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that man has had nothing to do with shifts in temperature on Mars.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the data they pretend to hang their fears on is incredibly suspect. Just who was reading these thermometers 80 to 120 years ago. I can't speak for where you live but I know some of the data for Winnipeg comes from the thermometer at a boys private church school my father attended in the 1930's.......in the steeple of the chapel and it would be a daily chore for one of the 8-10 year old kids to go take the reading. You want to spend trillions of dollars based on that data???? Even the modern day data is regularly fudged......NASA recently admitted it.

What is with the hubris of the global warming advocates (sorry climate change....they had to change the name because they blew it on the warming thing) to imagine that the earth should remain in the state that it is now (simply for the comfort of humans) or was 50 years ago. The ego is staggering. And lets not talk about some of the insane theoretical "fixes" they are proposing. Talk about opening Pandora's Box!

As for the science? If anything has happened in the last 15 years it is that we have learned scientists and researchers are held hostage by money......the funding they get to do their research. Propose some research that is out of step and watch your funding dry up. To deny this is to be a liar. So the science IS suspect.

Finally, good science isn't a consensus. The most important scientific discoveries have often been at total odds with the prevailing wisdom and the purveyance of new thought ridiculed. I like to think of the climate activists these days being the modern day equivalent of the Pope and the Catholic church, sneering and threatening Copernicus and Galileo