Llyod3 & John Roberts,

We'd probably agree on a lot of things. And in the past we probably would have voted for the same candidates. But conservatism as a force for good has lost its way and its connection to what I admired about it. I'm no longer a registered Republican. Stopped in 2016.

Now I vote for whomever is going to do the best job for America and for my family. And the GOP hasn't been doing that for quite a few cycles at the federal level. Here in NC the GOP has done well on some issues (fostering business growth) and terrible on others (defunding public schools to offset corporate tax cuts.)

So I'll vote for whomever is going to reduce the deficit without cutting Social Security. And if that requires rolling back the tax cuts to the wealthiest people and companies that have blown up the deficit, fine. Trickle down economics failed. Let's move on.

And I'll vote for the candidates that promise to protect children, and not just fetuses, so everyone can get an education and a shot at the American dream.

And most of all, I'll vote for candidates who respect the constitution, democracy and our country's laws. Because if we don't, we're the dumbest fucking people in history, to lose what is great about America.

The PragerU video is slick. But that's it. There are no solutions there.

Chris